Wednesday, January 28, 2015

January 26, 2015 ~ Week 30

Changes, changes, changes!

I’m sure that’s not how they say it in the states, but here in Spanish they say cambios, and cambios were yesterday!  I did not get changed!  I am still in Camana and I will be here for another 6 weeks! I’ve been loving life here, preaching the gospel and sharing the light with others for 6 months!   And I’m so happy to be here for another 6 weeks.

A few changes have been made and I haven’t mentioned them yet.  The time here writing just passes by so fast.

I am now district leader here in Camana!  There are two districts and I’m the leader of one of them, I will give training classes every Tuesday and record the number of lessons my district has and I will just have a great ole time!

 I am also the English leader here in Camana, I am in charge of 11 Latinos that need to learn English and they are under my responsibility to learn English.

My companion, Elder Blanco, recently changed his last name to Ramos, which is the last name of his mom.  So in my future letters I will address him as Elder Ramos.

Well in Camana this week we had some swell moments: 

As Elder Ramos and I were walking this past week we saw a middle aged woman doing some really hard yard work. (Try saying that 5 times fast). 
Never refusing an opportunity to serve we asked her if she needed help.  She replied, "No, God has given me sufficient strength, well the true and real God."
Well, that was quite the nice way to respond to someone offering to help.
The woman that said that to us happened to be the woman that told us last week to pray and repent to the virgin.
Elder Ramos asked me why we returned to ask her if she needed help if the very first time we even saw her she told us false doctrine.  I told him that tomorrow is a new day and if we see her again we will ask her to help her again.

I really love the scripture in 1 Nephi 19:9-

And the world, because of their iniquity, shall judge him to be a thing of naught; wherefore they scourge him, and he suffereth it; and they smite him, and he suffereth it. Yea, they spit upon him, and he suffereth it, because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men.

Help others.  Do something great this week.  Do something great, but involve Christ in it.

Chao 
Elder McCook

Words of the week: ayudar a otros - help others 



No comments:

Post a Comment