Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 19, 2015 ~ Week 29


  
Well after I ended writing last week I left the internet cafe to go and buy some Cremolada with my companion, shout out to Shoobies shaved ice, oh how I miss that right about now, but my Peruvian Cremolada will do.

We then went to the post office to deliver some handwritten letters to the family.  As we waited for the mailman to return from his break, in walked in a nice little old lady, she was maybe 70 years old and was dressed in old style traditional Peruvian clothes.

Allow me to translate our conversation into English..

Me: Hello how are you?
Her: Are you brothers?
Me: um, what?
Her: God hates your church.  He loves my church, he only loves the people in my church.
Me: Oh, what church do you attend?
Her: I am an Israelite.  God only loves Israelites.
Me: Oh, ok.  That’s cool.
Her: He hates you
Me: I’m going to deliver some letters to my family now, are you going to send mail as well?
Her: God only loves Israelites
Me: I’m gonna send a card to my family, are you gonna send a card to your family?

The mailman returned to the post office and I delivered my letters and we were off to continue our day.  It was not the time or the place to talk about the gospel. 
But it made me laugh as I was walking in the street with my companion when some lady told us out of the blue to repent and pray to the virgin.  

There’s a lot of confusion with religion in the world right now, a lot of confused doctrine. 

2 Nephi 27:25 puts it perfectly as written: Forasmuch as this people draw near unto me with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their hearts far from me, and their fear towards me is taught by the precepts of men—

The Holy Ghost testified of the truthfulness of the church of Jesus Christ when I was teaching a family of 3 yesterday as the husband told me that never in his life has he allowed anyone of any religion to enter his house, and during our lesson he felt warm and calm.

The church is true and i love serving a mission.
Chao

Elder McCook

Words of the week: serpost -post office

Keeping it real with my zone leaders and the AP 






No comments:

Post a Comment