Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2014 ~ Week 27



Hola Feliz Ano Nuevo!

Wow this past week was New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day, and now we are in 2015, that’s so crazy. 

On New Year’s Eve as I anticipated the fireworks that would soon go off in the middle of the night I had to take a moment to just realize how far I have come. I would have never thought a year ago that I would be serving a mission in a foreign country. Yes, I always had a desire to serve a mission and I knew I would eventually be serving one in 2014, but to actually be here and be in the moment the feeling is incredible.

My New Year’s Eve this year was so different. A year ago on December 31, 2014 as a 17 year old kid my worries and thoughts were:
           - The grades on my finals in my school classes
           - how could I wake up at 6:30am to go work at McCook Boiler and Pump Co (when I would go to sleep so late)
           - and of course which girl would I dance with next at the church’s New Year’s Eve dance.

Now as an 18 years old disciple of the Lord, this year my thoughts were directed to the people I am teaching, and how I can address their needs through prayer and scriptures and the Holy Ghost. My mind is focused on them, I love the people I teach, they really are my friends. 

Crazy how times have changed, I guess you will never truly know where you will be a year from now.

But as for me a year from now I will still be serving my mission and sharing the gospel with my friends of Peru.

Chao
Elder McCook


Word of the week: Feliz Año Nuevo - Happy New Year


No comments:

Post a Comment