Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014 ~ Week 10


September 8, 2014


So this week was very interesting, it started off one day when my zone and I went to the Branch President’s house for lunch.  I heard it was going to be BBQ, and I thought not much of it.  But as we arrived at his house we were led into his backyard where he has little cages and huts full of many animals: chickens, ducks, bunnies and guinea pigs!!  I was so surprised!!  We ate Guinea Pig that day for lunch!! 

I saw the way it was prepared, from living- alive and breathing to the way they killed it, cooked it and served it to me on my plate.  It was definitely a very unique experience. Myself and the other elders who were new were freaking out and saying "Welcome to Peru" and "Is this real life?"  It was so insane!

Me and my companion, Elder Atencio have been doing a ALOT of missionary work! 
We have this one awesome family named: Familia Romero.  I love teaching them; they have so many questions, from why are we on earth, where did we come from, where do we go when we die, why do guy missionaries wear ties and girl missionaries wear skirts, can we eat bread, can we listen to music and so many different and deep questions, they are really awesome people!!

One problem though….

Peru has a problem with marriage. A lot of couples are called parejas which means equal.  Or in other words, they are not boyfriend and girlfriend or husband and wife, just simply equal.  They have been together for 10 years and have a 7 year old son. 

They also have questions about marriage and they are such an awesome young couple!

Elder Atencio and I have also been working with a lot of less active members and it’s amazing to see their attitude change from the first time we talk to them to the next. 

The Church is True!

Chao
Elder McCook

Word of the week:    Cuy- Guinea Pig

                                  Actitud- Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment