Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 1, 2014 ~ Week 9

So this week was absolutely amazing. 

This past week, all 230 missionaries in the Arequipa, Peru mission traveled to Arequipa for a special devotional, Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles was presiding and he gave an amazing talk!

Before the talk we had the opportunity to shake his hand, ALL 230 missionaries.  We only had 5 to 10 minutes to accomplish this.  When I went to shake his hand he said to me "Elder McCook, I am proud of you."  The feeling could never and WILL never be forgotten!
He truly is an Apostle of God.

Also 2 of my investigators got baptized on the 30th and the 31st of August. I had the opportunity to baptize one of them! His name is Jose Luis Quispe, he is 16 years old! The feeling was amazing!  Also Kevin Moreano who is 9 years old was baptized as well!

Today also marks that I have been serving on a mission for 2 months!  Time really does fly.  My Spanish is still sloppy but it is amazing to think that I have been living in another country and speaking a second language for the past 2 months.

Word of the week: Pecado- sin
                            Pescado- fish
(Yes, accidentally I have said that our fish can be made clean through the atonement of Christ...)

¡Chao!

Elder McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment