Friday, August 28, 2015

August 24, 2015 ~ Week 60



First things first, congratulations to my sister, Madyson McCOOK for finishing her mission in Florida and for returning home with honor.  I love you so much, thank you.

Changes, changes, changes (Transfers)

I am going to Arequipa to a zone called Hunter to be a zone leader with Elder Pascual from Peru.


I remember when I arrived to Matarani; I did not like it, at all.  But in 6 months with all confidence I can say that I am leaving this zone, my district, my branch and my companion better then when I found them.

Yesterday Matarani had its branch conference, so I was not able to give a farewell talk but in the end of the conference they announced that they will be doing a goodbye party for me at 5.  Due to Peru time the party started at 6 and it was incredible, I was so surprised by how many people showed up.  We sung a hymn and had a prayer and then everyone got up to say some words about me and to just share their feelings about me.  It was one of the most special hours of my life because I just had people that I had come to love just share powerful feelings about someone like me.

I was crying within minutes.

In the end I gave a short talk and I shared a scripture that I shared for my very first talk in the branch 6 months ago.  It’s in the book of Jacob:
“I conclude this record, declaring that I have written according to the best of my knowledge, by saying that the time passed away with us, and also our lives passed away like as it were unto us a dream"

Madyson, I know your mission passed by - as if it were a dream, my time in Matarani sure did.


Now the Lord has called me to Arequipa to find someone and help them.  Thank you for those of you who are still with me.


Love you.

Elder McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment