Thursday, August 27, 2015

August 17, 2015 ~ Week 59



My package that my parents sent in July with my camera hasn’t arrived yet because the workers at the Serpost (Post Office) in the capital of Lima have come to the conclusion that the blue sour raspberry baby bottle pops are prescription drugs and not candy and they won’t send the package till they see a receipt for them.  So all the photos that I have recently been sending are courtesy of Sister Torres from Argentina.

On Monday we had a sweet Pday and it’s even sweeter if you can
 notice in the photo that I am using my batman socks – a Pday only tradition.

Tuesday night instead of sleeping in our own room and getting up 
super early to go to Mollendo we spent the night in the zone leaders house and still woke up early at 3am to head over to Arequipa and spend the whole day over there for an amazing mission conference with Elder Juan Uceda who is a member of the first quorum of the 70 and the president of the area.  The conference was awesome and his English is perfect.  He challenged all the Latinos to face their fears and to learn English and he told all the gringo missionaries to learn Spanish better.  Check the words of the week below to see some sweet new words I learned.

On Saturday Elder Uceda, President Zobrist, their wives, all us 
missionaries, and the Branch Council in Mollendo were in a meeting.  The objective was to make sure that we are having our meetings every week and how to make them better. Afterwards as a zone we went to a bar b q restaurant to eat some sweet dinner.

In Matarani an investigator from the Sister missionaries gave them a 
dog and they accepted it and now it lives in the house of our pentionista.  It’s a cute little boy and Sister Davis named it Mccookie in honor of me because everyone in the zone thinks I’m going to leave Mollendo at the end of this week because changes are this Saturday..

If I stay or if I go it will be great!!  I love Mollendo and it’s crazy 
because when I arrived I just struggled.  It was the absolute worst.  But now I’ll never forget it and I mean that in a good way.


Chau

Elder Mccook

words of the week:  impostergable- postponed
                                canonicos- standards
                                 mesera- waitress

No comments:

Post a Comment