Thursday, July 17, 2014

July 17, 2014 ~ Week 2 Peru MTC


Week 2 Peru MTC
July 17, 2014

¡Hola!

This week was amazing!!!!  Every two weeks (on Saturdays) all the missionaries go out into the city of Lima to teach people on the streets or in their houses.  I went with a Latino companion and a ward mission leader.  Lima has a central city surrounded by mountains and on these mountains are houses that are sprawled and are on top of each other.  We taught super humble people.  The houses are brick and metal but super colorful on the outside.  Some houses were blue and red, others orange and green.  The architecture was simply amazing because the way you got from house to house was by dirt hills and steep stairs.  We had the opportunity to teach 4 inactive members of church who did not know that we were going to teach them, but they humbly invited us in.  We taught them about the importance of persevering to the end, by having faith in Jesus Christ. While walking, my companion and I were stopped several times.  I did not understand what they were saying because they were speaking Spanish, but after we parted ways, my companion said they wanted to know my race and where I was from, and what we were doing.  It was so funny.  But we were able to give people copies of the Book of Mormon and pamphlets about the restoration.  I Love the people of Peru.

Learning Spanish is difficult but with every new word I learn, I love it more and more.  An interesting thought I had this week was that me and all the other missionaries, all over the world, are sacrificing 2 years of our life for people we have never met before, yes the people of Peru and our specific missions, but more specifically and importantly, Jesus Christ.

Talk to you all next week!  See Ya!

Word of the Week:  preseverar hasta el fin  (Persevere to the end)

Elder McCook



No comments:

Post a Comment