Monday, July 13, 2015

July 6, 2015 ~ Week 53



My new companion arrived last week in the night time!  His name is Elder Agudelo, he is from Columbia and he is 19 years old.  He has been serving in the mission for 4 months and I am his 2nd companion in his 2nd area.  He has been a member for 5 years now and is the only member
in his entire family.

I have a lot of respect for him because of that last sentence “being the only member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints” in his family of 9 people.

While working this week, we are getting to know the parents of the kids who are members of the tribe that I talked about last week, we are finding new investigators and getting Matarani to progress.  Nancy and Julio attended church yesterday and whenever I talk with them they just feel like a mix of talking to my grandparents, and also the Zufelt’s and Condor family who are from my home ward that I used to home teach.

Older members who recognize their purpose in our Heavenly Fathers plan and how they can contribute are the best!

The official changes (transfers) are next week so we shall see if I will be able to be in Matarani for another 6 weeks or if the Lord has called me elsewhere!  But until then thank you for all the support, prays, and letter in this past year!

Chau
Elder McCook

words of the week- Matarani has potential- Matarani tiene potencial





No comments:

Post a Comment