Monday, December 22, 2014

December 22, 2014 ~ Week 25



This week was such an experience.  It all started last Tuesday as I met the brand new missionary that I am going to train for the next 3 months.  Elder Blanco is 19 years old and is from Buenas Aires, Argentina.  We have really hit it off and we had some lessons this week where I thought he responded great!


 
His very first lesson in his mission was with a less active member and an investigator. They are not married, but have 2 daughters, and have been together for 17 years!  The lesson was about the commandments and the woman whose name is Isabel wants to be baptized and get married, but Renato (the less active member) doesn’t want to be married. 

The lesson went great and we are going to try to help them realize the blessings of being called husband and wife.  I could not imagine teaching something like that for my very first lesson but then again my Spanish 4 months ago was pretty rough...

On Thursday we traveled back to Arequipa as a zone and met with 5 other zones to celebrate Christmas with President Zobrist and his wife.  We ate some excellent food and had a great mini conference with the President.  Then the 5 zones performed their shows that they all had planned and rehearsed days before.
Our show was about Buddy the Elf that lived with Santa until he found out he was a human.  He left the North Pole and visited the worlds of:  Frozen, Scrooge and Grinch until at the very end he met 2 missionaries who helped him to know his true identity.  In the play I was Olaf from Frozen.  Although I wish I could send the video of our 30 min long play so you all could watch it, the video is 4gig, or in other words I can not send it through email.  But I will copy the video to a USB and send it to my parents so they will all be able to watch it.  And believe me; you really want to see me as Olaf!




Here we are just 3 days before Christmas and due to the high speed of the Peruvian Serpost I’m thinking I will get my Christmas package sometime in January.  But it’s all good, in the mean time I will Skype my parents, and have a great time caroling with my companion outside of the doors of our less actives, investigators and recent convert homes.  I will have a happy New Year, but most of all I will GO TO WORK. The field is Peruvian and all ready to Harvest!

Love you all!
Make this Navidad, Feliz :)

Feliz Navidad

Elder McCook

Words of the week: Soy Olaf y me gusto abrazos- I’m Olaf and I like Hugs 




No comments:

Post a Comment