Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 15, 2014 ~ Week 24



¡Cambios, Cambios, Cambios!

After 4 ½ months of being companions with Elder Atencio, he has been transferred to Arequipa to an area called Zomacola, and I will be training!!!  I am so excited, happy, sad, anxious, nervous, and all that good stuff.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with the word “training”,  it means that I will be training a brand new Elder and will be welcoming him to the mission.  We will be companions for a minimum of three months and I am so excited!
In a couple of hours I will take a 3 hour bus ride to Arequipa, where I will spend the night in the mission house, and then Tuesday morning I will meet my new companion!  I do not know if he is a Latino or if he is a Gringo, I do not know what to expect over these next three months but what I do know is:

That the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the
thing which he commandeth them.
(1st Nephi 3:7)

The Lord will provide the way.  He loves us.  And I am happy to have the opportunity to train.

Speaking of far from perfect Spanish the “Mess up of the week” is.... as I was trying to describe raw vegetables to my pentionista, when attempting to say the word “raw” in Spanish I accidently said a bad word.... she laughed, Elder Atencio laughed, and I was clueless…. oh how I love Spanish.

This week will be fun and this week will be great!!  Being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, is the hardest thing I have EVER loved to do.

Chao till next week
Elder McCook

Words of the Week cambios- changes
                             hijo- son
                             padre- father



Me and Elder Atencio's last photo as companions.  He is getting transferred to a different area in Arequipa




No comments:

Post a Comment