Thursday, December 10, 2015

December 7, 2015 ~ Week 75



Huntendo finished this week off with 0 confirmations and 4 rescues.  However, there were two baptisms.  They weren’t confirmed because Saturday and Sunday was filled with Stake Conferences.
     
Duverli is 19 years old, he was one of the first people I had met when I got to Hunter in September.  We meet Duverli because a member showed us to him.  The first appointment was interesting because Duverli did not believe in God.  Until we taught him how to pray and have a relationship with his Father in Heaven.
           
Me and my companion went the day before his baptism to go buy a cake and soda for his baptism at the store I saw some candy called Chin Chins that look like M &M’s so I
bought them and when I opened them, and grabbed a handful they tasted like dirt, worst rip off
M &M’s I have ever eaten...

English Stories:
           
I saw this tall English looking guy with a beard in our area and we made eye contact and I asked if he spoke English.  He said "not a bit".  It made me laugh.
           
Elder Lorensen, Elder Olsen (who is a good friend from Camana but is now in our zone) and  I were in the center of Arequipa at this plaza called “The Plaza de Armas”, and we
were just roaming, and this old man who looked like doctor eggman from the Sonic the Hedgehog series came up to us and told us in Spanish "hello my American friends from Joseph Smiths army" Elder Lorenzen told him that we aren’t American and I told her that we weren’t from Joseph Smiths army either, the man asked us well where were we from, Elder Lorenzen told him we were from Germany and I said we were from Jesus Christ, (pointing to His name on our plaque). The old man was so confused as we said our byes.
           

So with the Christmas season upon us, the church has started a new Christmas initiative. It is called, “A Savior is Born”There is a video involved with this initiative as well and it is
excellent. This really is such a great time to take a minute and reflect on this past year. Go watch the video and pray that you and I will have many missionary moments to share with a stranger about Christ this Christmas.


Elder McCook

No comments:

Post a Comment