Tuesday, June 16, 2015

June 15, 2015 ~ Week 50




Last week I mentioned about an event we had this past Saturday called the Noche Blanca and I mentioned that we would be having 2 of the 9 investigators baptized on behalf of our work.  The activity went great and a lot of members from the 3 different branches showed up and even one of our Mission President’s counselors showed up.  We had some opposition from Carlos and Belen’s mother during the week, but with the Branch President’s help, the concern was resolved and they were able to be baptized on Sunday, rather than Saturday during the Noche Blanca. This is the Lords work and not Elder McCooks so He wanted them to be baptized not on Saturday at this district activity but the following day on Sunday after church.

His will was completed and I may never know why He wanted His two children to enter his kingdom on Sunday and not Saturday, but nevertheless it happened.

The photo I sent of me and Carlos after his baptism you will notice in my shirt pocket below my plaque that the area’s cell phone wanted to get in the water as well, thankfully it still functions normal.



This Saturday the temple in Trujillo, Peru will have a cultural service before it will be dedicated the following day the 21st of June 2015.
  There will be 3 sessions.  So it will be another white weekend!


My room did not have water this past week so we only showered like 3 times this past week at our pentionista’s house.


Elder McCook

Words of the week: bautismo-baptism
                                templo- temple

No comments:

Post a Comment