Monday, August 11, 2014

August 7, 2014 ~ Week 5 Peru MTC


Week 5 ~ Peru MTC

August 7, 2014


¡Hola!

After today I will have 5 days left in the Lima Peru Missionary Training Center.  On Tuesday morning I will fly to Arequipa, Peru with about 10 other Elders and Hermanas.  I’m so happy to have been taught Spanish here, and I love all of the Latinos here.   I’m so grateful for the opportunity I’ve had to surround my life in complete Spanish for these first 6 weeks.  I have truly been humbled with the culture here.  The people don’t have much, actually they don’t have anything, compared to the way I have lived back home.  It is amazing with the amount of Spanish that I have learned here I feel so ready to just get out in Arequipa and let people know of the truth of the restored gospel!  However it will take a lot of time until I can fully understand what everyone else is saying.  Next email I will be in Arequipa!

¡Hasta Luego!

Elder McCook


Word of the Week: Voy a Arequipa (Im going to Arequipa!)

No comments:

Post a Comment